Like many of you, my family and I came to Needham for its outstanding sense of community and excellent schools. My wife, Rachel, sons Charles and Matthew, and I have truly enjoyed being a part of this fantastic town we have called home. Needham is a strong community built with pride and commitment to serving others. It’s in that service that I seek your support and vote for Needham School Committee.
As a parent of two elementary school students, I want to ensure that Needham continues to have the high quality education we have known for all of our children. The strength of our schools is such an integral part of the strength our town. Our teachers, staff and administrators work tirelessly to make sure our children positively grow academically, socially and emotionally. Our students are incredible learners; they’re curious and bright and are socially-conscious to our world.
This past year has certainly been a challenge, but our community pride is that much stronger. As we move through this school year and begin to prepare for the next, I can share a unique perspective on the School Committee as a working parent with young children currently in the school system. We have seen firsthand on a daily basis what is really working well and what could be improved in the future.
If elected, I will work to:
- Make sure there is equity for all students and that they have access to all the resources our schools provide.
- Listen to the needs of the Needham community and be a bridge to our school leaders.
- Support our teachers and staff with the tools they need to prepare our children for the ever-changing world.
- Communicate regarding school planning and policies and welcoming thoughts and ideas from community members.
- Be fiscally responsible with our school budget in understanding and articulating the needs of our schools.
In my career as a higher education professional, I have worked with students at several Boston-area universities. A strong foundation built through the elementary, middle, and high schools is essential to the success of a child’s future. It is my hope that I can represent our community to help continue these efforts.